WHAT WE BELIEVE
Being a Congregational Church, we are all unique in faith and practice. Hence, the name Congregational, which means that each church is locally autonomous and that the members of that church are the ones who determine the course of faith and practice for their own church.
We at Trinity affirm the following in faith and practice:
Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the Holy Bible as the infallible word of God and upon these two truths, we at Trinity Congregational Church come together as a body of believers to worship, study, and grow in truth and spirit.
Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior:
He is the head of our church and upon his teachings, his life, and his example we seek to live lives that give him honor, glory, and praise. Jesus being a part of the Holy Trinity (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit), we acknowledge his full divinity as the only Son of God and his full humanity (being a living breathing human being who lived here on earth).
We willingly admit to Jesus and to all the people of this earth, that we are sinners in desperate need of forgiveness; which only comes through His son Jesus Christ. It is this forgiveness of God through Jesus Christ that allows us as sinners to be restored into a right relationship with God. And we acknowledge that forgiveness only comes when we truly believe in Jesus as our Lord and Savior and by asking Jesus to forgive us of our sins.
And since we are made clean from our sin through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross, we extend His grace to all sinners in the hope they too would choose to become a disciple of Jesus Christ (a follower of Jesus through study, fellowship, and worship).
The Holy Bible is the infallible word of God:
1) We seek to preach the word of God every Sunday in a way that is applicable to every day life.
2) We willingly baptize confessing adults (Jesus as their Lord and Savior) as an outward expression of the renewing work of the Holy Spirit inside each believer in Jesus Christ.
3) We meet in small groups/Bible Studies to dig deeper into the word of God, so that His truth may draw us into closer fellowship with God and with each other.
4) We offer leadership training/mentoring to those who are ready to teach/equip a new generation of believers.
5) We continually look for opportunities to fellowship with one another as a means of enjoying the bond of being fellow believers and as a means to welcome outsiders into our inner circle of friendship.
As a congregation of wide and varying background and various places on our individual faith journeys, we, the members of Trinity Congregational, are available and called by the gospel of Jesus Christ, ready and nurtured by a common faith, in need of adventure and praying for a vision which will guide and empower us:
To grow spiritually: Resulting in a deepened sense of discipleship and enriched lives.
To grow numerically: Resulting in a stronger and more active congregation by enhancing fellowship.
To grow in Christian caring: Resulting in greater identification with local and world-wide needs, thereby enriching our community.